Friday, November 17, 2006

Reginald Lowell Van Tassel (Stephen John)

Grave Marker of Reginald and Theta VAN TASSELL of Digby NS




Reginald Lowell Van Tassell born 10 Dec 1913 died 16 Nov 1990
Above in picture Ronald Eugene Van Tassell, Theta (Winchester) Van Tassel & Husband Reginald Lowell Van Tassel He married Theta Louise Winchester of Digby, NS. They had two children Vaughn Lowell 1/29/36 and Dale Erwin born 12/31/1945. Note: added the extra L to their last name. Reginald worked for many years (40) for the Canadian Pacific Railway as a truck driver from Digby to many parts of Nova Scotia. Reg suffered for many years before his death.
Rest in Peace

Grave Marker of Vaughn Lowell VanTassel of Digby NS


Vaughn Lowell Van Tassell born 1/29/1936 -11/25/2005
Vaughn married Bonnie Phyllis Mae Dunn of Digby, NS. He was the son of Reginald Lowell and Theta (Winchester) Van Tassel of Digby, NS. They had 3 children, Jeffrey Vaughn, born 8/30/1963, Lori Lynn born 11/23/1965 & Heather Dawn born 1/21/71. The following poem
was read at the funeral of Vaughn Lowell Van Tassell.

The Firefighters Prayer

When I 'm called to duty, God Whatever flames may
rage, Give me the strength to save a life whatever be
the age. Help me embrace a child before it is too late,
or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
and quickly and efficiently put the fire out. I want to
fill my calling and to give the best I can, to guard
my neighbor and protect his property. And if according
to my fate I am to fall to flames I cannot douse,
Please bless with your protecting hand my children
and my spouse.

REST IN PEACE VAUGHN VAN TASSELL


Posted by Picasa The family of Reginald and Vaughn Van Tassell of Digby, NS

They joined with other Van Tassel's to remember their Grandfather and Grandmother by placing a stone on their Grave on the 22 Oct 2006. The blessing was done by Rev Wayne Smith of the Grace United Church in Digby, NS. Pictured above from L to R - Rev Wayne Smith, Jeffrey Van Tassell son of Vaughn, Bonnie Van Tassell widow of Vaughn, Dale Van Tassell son of Reginald brother of Vaughn, Michael son of Jeffrey, Lorrie wife of Jeffrey and Stacey daughter of Jeffrey. We thank them for their support and we thank Bonnie for the lunch after the blessing. The many relatives appreciate it.

They joined with other Van Tassel's to remember their Grandfather & Grandmother




No comments: